Tony Sperendi is a Lay Ecclesial Minister. He has worked at St. Francis Parish in Ann Arbor as the Director of Adult Faith Formation, taught theology at Fr. Gabriel Richard High School, and worked at St. Therese Parish as the director of RCIA and Adult Faith Formation. He has also served on the Diocesan Men’s Conference team, given marriage retreats, presented parish missions, Lenten and RCIA retreats and other talks and workshops.
“Divine Mercy Touching My Soul”
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:00am - 3:30pm
Through the lens of Scripture, Tradition, the saints, Pope Francis, and our daily life, we will see a mirror of the Lord’s mercy for us and how we can share His mercy with others. Pope St. John Paul II declared the Sunday after Easter Divine Mercy Sunday. Clearly the Lord is shining his light during April on this great gift of mercy God has for us! But there’s another aspect to this. As human beings, with our propensity towards selfishness, sin, broken relationships, etc., we not only need to accept this mercy but demonstrate it by being conduits of mercy to others. It is only by prayer and living mercy daily will we change ourselves and the world. Come and experience the tender mercies of our Lord. Put away Catholic guilt and live in dignity as sons and daughters of our Father… the God of mercy!
“The Lord is kind and merciful” Psalm 103
• The day will include prayer and song, talks, time for private reflection, lectio divina - meaning meditation on Scripture, group sharing and Q/A.
• The cost of the retreat is $30. I’ve reduced the price so that more folks may attend. All that money goes to the retreat house. I will have a gift basket available if you want to make a free will offering at the end of the retreat.
• Final registration and check-in is from 8:30 - 9:00am. Morning coffee and snacks will be provided too.
• Mass will be celebrated at 11:00 or 11:30am with lunch following. If you have specials dietary needs, please inform the retreat center when you register.
• Please bring your Bible and if you keep a spiritual journal, bring that too.
• St. Francis Book & Gift Shop will be open throughout the day.