Next retreat dates:
November 17-19, 2023
December 8-10, 2023
January 26-28, 2024
February 9-11, 2024
This retreat is open to groups or individuals in the Diocese of Lansing from grades 7-12, in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. The weekend includes Mass, the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Eucharistic Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. The retreat begins with check in at 6:30pm-7:00pm on Friday, and will end at noon on Sunday. This retreat is led by Jay Jong and Fearless Ministries. Jay is a youth minister at Church of the Resurrection in Lansing, MI. He and the Fearless Ministries team coordinate retreats for parishes/groups across the Diocese of Lansing.
1. When registration is available, please fill out the form to provide a total number of estimated attendees and names if possible (students and chaperones) and your preferred retreat date. Please look for an email from the Retreat Center either confirming your registration, or giving an alternate date option where space is available. We will do our best to give groups their first choice.
2. Cost is $125/person for this retreat, including chaperones. Your parish is responsible for sending 1 safe-environment (VIRTUS) trained chaperone per 8 teens attending. Coordinators will be responsible for collecting payment from their attendees, and a final invoice will be sent to your parish following the retreat for your final number of guests.
3. Participants are required to attend all 3 days of the retreat. Commuting is an option, but there is no discounted rate for commuters. For students that are not spending the night, drop off time on Friday is 6:30pm-7:00pm; pickup is 9:30 pm. Saturday: Drop off no later than 9:30am, and pick up at 9:30 pm. Sunday: Drop off no later than 9:30, pick up at noon.
4. Each teen is required to read the Outpouring Code of Conduct and return a signed copy of the waiver for the appropriate event date. Please collect each form and keep a hard copy with you or a chaperone for the duration of the retreat. Chaperones are primarily responsible for their students that need medications while on retreat.
5. Lodging is 2 participants per room. Participants are allowed to choose their roommate. Please make a note of this information when returning your final list to the Retreat Center, no later than 1 week prior to the retreat. Chaperones are given individual rooms when possible, but may need to share a room with another adult from their group depending on the group size. Genders will be separated by floor - boys on one floor, and girls on the other.
6. The Retreat Center provides bedding and pillows, towels, and washcloths. Students should plan to bring:
• Appropriate casual clothing for the weekend
• A small snack to share
• Phones are ok, but are only to be used during scheduled free time
7. Drop off and pick up will be at the Bethany House. The Retreat Center address is 703 E. Main Street DeWitt, MI 48820. When pulling onto the grounds from Main Street, follow the driveway to the stop sign. Pull straight through into the Bethany House parking lot. The main entrance to the building is on the west side of that parking lot.
8. Any teens with food allergies or special diet needs can send them to the Food Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion on how we can accommodate their needs.
9. Questions about registration can be directed to Rachel at email@example.com or call 517-388-3868.
Students must review the youth code of conduct and return a signed waiver to their confirmation coordinator
Click here for the Youth Code of Conduct
Click here for the General Weekend Retreat Schedule